Tuesday, November 13, 2012


I felt unease with the part having to do with photography of a police officer. If only because it’s been my experience that even if you are going to be vilified in the end, I don’t think there is fairness on how you are treated. If I am photographing an event on the wrong side of town and am a person of color, I will have to go through a lot more persecution if the same type of event was occurring in a rich part of town, filmed by a non-ethnic person. There are a lot more ramifications to being run through the court processes that are mentioned in the posting. Even though the law may say it’s illegal for policemen to seize your equipment and film, they will do so and you the individual will now have a police record. It made no mention of erasing any record of your arrest if you do find yourself in conflict with the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment