Sunday, November 11, 2012

Artsy photo in photojournalism


Frankly, I don't really know art photography enough to say I know it. I started off with it some 40 years ago but then very soon, I hit the wall. None of my art photo teachers and friends can satisfy me. But then, I met photojournalism unexpectedly. It captured my soul. I found my way and motivation in using my camera to tell stories of people and events since then. And then one day long time ago, when I was exploring the different possible facets of photojournalism, I met an old lost friend - art photography. Yet in fact, I made acquaintance of it in the perspective of photojournalism. It is the art I found and documented in real life. A view frozen in time everybody could actually see as I saw, as long as they have the time and heart to take a moment to watch. Well, maybe more than a moment, especially not with a thought of thinking about what they are going to do after they view the photo.

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Lo I really like this photograph!!! I love art photography the most but I think right now I'm in a strange stage in my photography, I have so many images in my mind that I want to reproduce as photos but for my lack of time I find it very difficult to be motivated to take pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria,

    Get a little pocket camera and take it along with you all the time. Pay attention to your environment and always keep open an photographic eye. Take photos of things that attract you or intrigue you. Treat photography as a living style, a visual diary. Very soon, you will find yourself being able to take better and meaning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dr Lo!!! I will start doing that :)

    ReplyDelete